Business Conference Facilities
Whitstable Castle now offers business conferencing, training and hot desking facilities. All rooms have WI-FI access, screens & projectors and we also have a screen to TV facility available. We have large rooms with additional break-out rooms if required and the ability to offer catering on a large or small basis.
Our day delegate rate is £35+VAT per person & includes;
* Room Hire in one of our historic rooms
* Finger Buffet Lunch
* Tea/Coffee/Biscuits on arrival, with lunch and mid afternoon
* Jugs of water on the table
* Use of projector, projector stand & screen & cliker/pointer
* Pencils/Paper on tables
* Designated day host
* Ample parking
* Use of the extensive gardens during breaks
Please give us a call and we will happily talk through your requirements with you.
- Set in three acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, the newly refurbished Castle provides one of the most beautiful and unique venues for your special day in Kent;
- The interior of the Castle has been completely redecorated and refurbished in the original Regency style and our wedding package includes the exclusive and private use of several spacious interlinking rooms. The Castle is licensed for civil weddings/partnerships;
- If you decide to take out one of our packages you will have the whole Castle for your wedding day with exclusive use where you and your guests can enjoy all of the historic rooms and the stunning roof terrace with its magnificent views and beautiful sunsets across Whitstable Bay;
- The Castle is just 200m from Tankerton Beach, ideal for those fun photos or even a paddle and just a few minutes walk to Whitstable Harbour and the historic town itself;
- The three acres of landscaped grounds will be available to you and your guests as well as exclusive and private use of part of the Castle Terrace – please note that the gardens are open to the public until dusk;
- We have experience built up over many years of managing weddings and private functions at the Castle and our experienced management team will ensure that you and your guest will have a truly memorable day in a unique and special setting;
- Parking is available in the Castle grounds, larger car parks and free on street parking are all available nearby;
- We offer all-inlcusive packages from £4,995 (£6,995 Saturday's) which includes exclusive use of the Castle, catering, drinks, chair covers and much more. The cost of hiring the whole Castle for your wedding, excluding the above add-ons is from £2,000 (£3,750 Saturday's) which give you exclusive use of the Castle from 8am-11pm. We also offer a ceremony only package, which costs £1,500 and gives you exclusive use of the Castle for 3 hours - enough time for the ceremony, photographs and a drinks reception. We also hire out our rooms for wedding receptions from £200 per hour, per room.
- We can cater for you wedding and have a wide variety of menus and prices for you to choose from. You are welcome to use outside caterers and we can recommend some that we have worked with in the past if required. If you are not taking out one of our all-inclusive packages you are welcome to bring your own table drinks, where we charge a corkage price of £4 per bottle of wine/champagne.
- All income from your wedding or function goes to help support the work of The Whitstable Castle Trust protecting and preserving this wonderful place for generations to come.
Our largest room, the Mallandain, is licensed for civil weddings/partnerships and will seat up to 60 people for the ceremony and also 52 people at rectangular tables as a formal sit-down meal. More guests can be accomodated by having a more informal buffet, or by putting a marquee up in the garden (this is an additional cost as you will need to supply the marquee). The maximum number of people that we can hold in the whole Castle for an evening function is 130 people across various rooms.
The Robinson room holds around 40 people for a formal sit down meal and up to 50 for an informal buffet/reception.
Both the Mallandain and the Robinson rooms have additional adjoining rooms which are available to use at no extra cost.
In addition to Weddings you are able to hire out our rooms for varying functions/parties/classes etc. Our larger rooms are available to hire for private functions from £50 per hour, while we have smaller rooms to hire for more intimate occassions. The Castle has a number of long standing classes, including Yoga, Dance and Educational classes that are run throughout the week and prices for these regular bookings start at £20 per hour for local groups.
Viewing and Booking
If you are interested in viewing or making a reservation we would be delighted to discuss the options available and show you around the Castle and Gardens. Please contact us on 01227 281726 or complete the enquiry form where we will be delighted to arrange a viewing time suitable for you.
Film Location and Photographic Shoots
If you are looking for an outstanding media location in Kent then look no further than Whitstable Castle. The Castle is situated between the two main shopping areas of Whitstable and Tankerton, set in its own grounds and within minutes of the beach. The Castle Tea Gardens overlook the bay of Whitstable with outstanding views across the estuary to the North Sea, one of Turners favourite locations for painting the stunning sunsets.
The Castle can provide a superb backdrop within the peaceful gardens for filming or photographic shoots, inside the beautifully appointed period rooms with Oak panelling and fine plasterwork ceilings will return you to the late 18th century.
At just over an hour’s drive from central London, this is a superb location with strong transport networks via road and rail. The Cathedral City of Canterbury is just seven miles away and large open beaches and countryside are all within minutes of this amazing location. There is a wide variety of local accommodation available within the town centre and on the outskirts of Whitstable.
Here at Whitstable Castle we welcome groups to visit; guided tours of the main Castle building and Gardens are available but must be pre booked with the Castle office before arrival. There is normally a small charge to cover the staff costs. We are able to arrange for refreshments on arrival, afternoon teas and light lunches. Please ask for sample menus and prices via the main office.
Whitstable Castle is just a short walk from the famous working harbour and the High Street filled with many independent boutiques, shops and art galleries. Whitstable museum is not to be missed with many displays and artefacts showing Whitstable long history all the way back to when Mammoths roamed the coastline. Alternatively take a stroll along the promenade towards Tankerton; here you will discover many antique and other independent shops.
Outdoor Community Events
The Gardens of the Castle are available to hold community and charity fundraising events. Please contact the Castle office for more information.